How ready is the real estate industry to step up and tackle its emissions? We joined a roundtable with IPSX and Argent Related to discuss the state of ESG in the Real Estate market, what’s working and where the industry has a long way to go.
Watch the full video here.
Round the table
- Roger Clark, Head of Capital Markets, IPSX
- Oliver Light, Commercial Director of Real Estate, Carbon Intelligence
- David Partridge, Chairman, Argent Related
- David Delaney, CEO, IPSX
Topics covered include
- What does ESG mean for real estate
- Impact of COVID lockdown on building emissions
- Capital depreciation and the risk of stranded assets
- Green premiums and brown discounts
- Quantifying the transition to net zero
- Consolidating industry metrics
- Carrot vs stick: Regulation vs incentives
- The importance of social value in net zero strategies
This video is part of an on-going series we’ve developed with IPSX and covers some of the key areas covered in the recently published The Guide to ESG in Real Estate
This guide shares the latest best practice for public companies on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) frameworks and reporting standards. Download the guide here.
Further resources for real estate investors:
- Report 1: Net Zero, Why Now?
- Report 2: ESG Transparency in Real Estate
- Report 3: Net Zero and Valuations
Carbon Intelligence is committed to supporting organisations develop credible decarbonisation pathways to drive carbon reduction and net zero goals. If would like support in educating your stakeholders on sustainability contact us today to find out how we could support you, [email protected]